• 本版主要以供給各地魚友作為交流認識使用
    任何站上舉辦的活動或是魚友彼此的聯絡交誼活動都可以在此討論
    非各地活動或是認識交流的文章,如個人問題或其他討論,請發表至各分類版或閒聊版區。
    交流區亦為討論版,禁止任何交易資訊,有任何交易需求請洽交易版。

Foreign friends club - MD tank case study

You said you are ganna do it the upcoming holiday, you have got 4 days ,right?

I would do the display tank at one go(not move anything for the sump) ! LPS will be fine probably. But i would keep the fishes in a bucket a while.

So sad , no live rocks and sands available and I think I can not make use of this holidays :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Tony for the poly filter. I hope it will turn some color to finally find out what was the culprit in my Tank!

3ffc36f7a40b3d242c4b7826dd2088de.jpg

Thanks so much and hope that we keep In touch .

Happy to meet in person our common hobbyist member.

Cheers ,

MD

I went to LFS just a while ago to order #1 corals sand , they told me that better to pour a layer of #5 corals stone at the bottom to create anaerobic environment . Any advise on this ?

For pouring sand in my tank size of 90*60 @ 3 cm height , they said I need 40 kgs (with some excess) , and also advise me to increase the glass L shape walls to 15 cm to block the sand from accumulating at my overflows base crate:

Below is my glass L shape wall with 5 cm height ;

014f42d471a1c4767eecf2d93213e62d.jpg

f457fb8909348595b48fe705d9205810.jpg

Any advise ?

Cheers ,

MD

Just install the L shape glass wall , take a look ;

cafd13ddd1f33574e3efbb0cf1126fcb.jpg

I think that wall is good enough to prevent sand being fall off (but I am sure still will) for 3 cm high sand

Any suggestion ?

Cheers ,

MD

Just check with 青島水族館、they have coral sand number 1 , I will buy 40 kgs plus 6 kgs # 5 coral bones , is this ok?

By the way , how should I do it when bring it home , should I rinse only with RODI water then put It directly to my DT or should I have to cooked if with acid as people doing with their dried rock?

This are dry sands from corals and bone of corals , will they emit phosphate later ?

Want to hear your advise before I pick them up tomorrow .

the plan is to have only 2cm sand. I have no idea how to use both #5 and #1 sand the same place at the same time. and as for haveing anaerobic environment , my suggestion is not to use # 5 sand because you will have liverocks and the rock itself can do the same thing ( For SPS i think it is OK ,you wouldn't have a lot of fish ,right?) besides you also have bio pellet reactor. you really dont have to do the so-called DSB.

and the gap behind the L shape glass, I wiuld cut a piece of f black filter sponge to fill it.

最後編輯:
and if you do DSB. I hear that it takes time to wait for the system to turn mature. a long way to go!

I used to just simply rinse the sand until the water is clear. then ready to use.

the plan is to have only 2cm sand. I have no idea how to use both #5 and #1 sand the same place at the same time. and as for haveing anaerobic environment , my suggestion is not to use # 5 sand because you will have liverocks and the rock itself can do the same thing ( For SPS i think it is OK ,you wouldn't have a lot of fish ,right?) besides you also have bio pellet reactor. you really dont have to do the socalled DSB.

and the gap behind the L shape glass, I wiuld cut a piece of f black filter sponge to fill it.

So if only 2 cm then it needs how much qty of fine sands ? Will 40 kgs too much ? I don't want to buy much more than I need as it take up my house spaces to keep it .

They says number 5 coral bones place at the lower layer then on its top add the #1 fine sand , this is what the LFS say to me.

Infact I have 6 fish all are large fish : blue tang , powder blue tang, fox face, purple tang , and 2 others I forgot their name . I also suspect my tank is with high intensive fish population.

You mean the space between the LShape and false wall ? I am worry the it will float ?

and if you do DSB. I hear that it takes time to wait for the system to turn mature. a long way to go!

I used to just simply rinse the sand until the water is clear. then ready to use.

Is the additional 1 cm meet the criteria of DSB? Is it normally DSB is about 4"-6" deep?

So if only 2 cm then it needs how much qty of fine sands ? Will 40 kgs too much ? I don't want to buy much more than I need as it take up my house spaces to keep it .

They says number 5 coral bones place at the lower layer then on its top add the #1 fine sand , this is what the LFS say to me.

Infact I have 6 fish all are large fish : blue tang , powder blue tang, fox face, purple tang , and 2 others I forgot their name . I also suspect my tank is with high intensive fish population.

You mean the space between the LShape and false wall ? I am worry the it will float ?

If you use #5 at the lower layer and #1 on top . that can't be a thin layer. probably you will need at least 5cm~6cm or more sand all together. am I right? I believe it is also a good sand base even better than just thin fine sand. However ,I haven't got this I am not able tell you if it is good for you. maybe someone else who have experience of this can give a comment and advise.
And yes the sponge will float .I forgot. maybe the bigger grain size sand will do.

最後編輯:
返回
上方 下方