請問, 您如何判斷我的缸裡頭, 有機質過高,是長紅藻呢?
還是綠藻長過多?該如何處理?
My suspicion came from the rough view of your picture, I could be wrong. Seems like you have a dense bottom substrate consists of crushed corals or larger particles. This type of substrate is easily trapping detritus and cause brown algae, green diatom algae and even cyano bacteria bloom. Your display rock does not look live to me. Perhaps you got the so- called base rock and try to make them “Live”?
Currently from viewing your tank picture, the coexistence of the brown and green algae on your glass, substrate, and rock gives me the idea that you probably have excessive organic waste accumulating in your tank or your tank is going through some sort of cycling. The cyano bacteria within the inner layer sand bed is normal as this layer facing the glass do get the constant exposure of excessive lighting (from living room light and natural sun light, etc.). Plus, this layer is the nitrogen reduction zone. How to find out if yuo have exessive organic build up??? In the patch of brown algae on your substrate, use a cleaned chopstick to gently stir the bottom substrate; I think you will see excessive grayish black detritus flying out.
I never got your water level reading. Perhaps you could share them with me. I am specifically interested in your no2, no3, po4 and what type of filtration equipments you have. Been hearing a lot of people I know bitching about the availability of poor quality test kit, so I would like to know what type of test kit you ae using to ensure proper reading.
What can you do if in fact you have high organic waste?? You can use a siphon tube to gently clean the surface of your substrate, do 10% of water change for 10 days as I suggested prior. When doing the change, make sure your temperature, salinity, and pH level are constant with your tank parameter. Hey, is it true that you guys can purchase natural seawater very cheap in Taiwan? If the water is been treated correctly, you might want to use that instead of synthetic sea salt. I would clear out any so- called filter pads you might have in your sump or filter. If they must be there, then clean them on a regular basis.
Use hydrocarbon to assist in this cleaning process. I personally use the carbon 24/7 and change it once every two weeks. However, I have large bio loads so I needed to do this. I have never seen any carbons perform to their claimed capacity. No matter if the brands are Kent, ESV, Seachem or others. To be safe, I would use carbon for no more than two weeks to ensure my water cleanness. Whatever the carbon took out, I can control them by adding them back in. Good things happens slowly in our captive system and bad thing happens fast. I think Mr. Palletta quoted that.
For now, I would suggest you to place proper amount of hydrocarbon in your sump. Change 50% of it every week for a month. In the meantime, control your addition of any additives you have, control feeding of your fish, and I hope you are not doing any other kind of coral feeding. I don’t think you have that much of coral population to do extra feeding. The most important of all is to let the water parameter become stable so do not add any new life in the meantime.
This might sound like a lot of work, in fact, it is a lot of work. But as I stated prior, 10% water change for ten days straight have been proven to have the least disturbance to your current system and the duration of the water change have significant impact on quailty build up. So I would suggest you to do so if you do find my prediction true.
I am a strong advocate of strong skimmer. This would not only create high dissolved oxygen but also help in preventing waste build up. With the substrate you have, I would constantly do surface cleaning and avoid stacking rock against the back wall of the tank to create any dead spots that cannot be reach by siphon tube. I hope I’d help you with your questions. Take care.

我養了咁耐,無落過野餵佢地。所以我估係無需要食野的。

bartholomew 小名: 幻之終極真姚俊,
大大你真是高手!
我呢,怎麽也養不 好次類珊瑚,覺得水質也是很有講究。你的文章中指出去分裂基坐石頭,我想這個真是怪招數,不過值得嚐試。
還有一點我想數說,爲什麽你的文章總是香港的文法真?是讓人理解不了其意思,對不起,我想是不是你可以用中文的文法,不要帶粵語土話,謝謝!
我覺得看你的缸,生態很 好了 ,能否介紹一下你的整體設立,包括器材等等,如能上,那太謝謝了!

我養的活到今天半年是還沒有染過這種病啦,
但有時會突然不開(其他種類的都開的超棒),
幾次觀察感覺似乎對於NO3或是磷比其他種類珊瑚敏感,
而且每一個個體彼此之間敏感度也有差異,
因為二尺缸子比較小,
我使用K牌NO3與磷去除劑與換水,
通常可使其再開,
已經成功幾次了。
這是沒有染病的情況,
僅供參考。

[這篇文章最後由bartholomew在 2003/03/14 01:02am 第 1 次編輯]

下面引用由silkroadman2003/03/11 11:23pm 發表的內容:
bartholomew 小名: 幻之終極真姚俊,
大大你真是高手!
我呢,怎

我其實也沒量過NO3,
但是我觀察一個現象,每次突然不開的時間都在經過依段時間未換濾材後
當我更換除磷與除NO3濾材後換水才會重開,
單純換水好像完全沒用,
一連幾個月都是這樣,更換濾材加換水, 之後就回復。
且可以保持穩定。
所以才推論可能跟這兩樣係數有關係。

今天...不...應該是昨天了...偶去買了一個直徑五公分左右的萬花筒...拿回家...偶就用鋸子鋸成四塊...偶想試試幻之終極真姚俊大大的絶招...管不管用...???鋸開的過程中...還從約一公尺的高度掉到地面上...萬花筒...真是多災多難...!!!偶是不是太衝動了...???哈...哈...哈...!!!

看了姚俊大大的缸之後,果然厲害!不知道這是什麼原理能讓那麼多生物都活得那麼好?感覺上不需要特別好的設備,但是效果一流!

相似主題